Visa Information and Entry Requirements
VITAL INFORMATION ABOUT ENTERING JAPAN AND OBTAINING VISAS
Prior to traveling to Japan for the 2023 HBV Meeting, please review...
1. The Official Japan Government website to visit for visa eligibility and application procedure is here.
- Depending on the delegate’s nationality, a visa may be required to enter Japan.
- Please visit this website to verify nationals and citizens of countries and regions who are not required to obtain a visa to enter Japan for attendance at the International HBV Meeting 2023.
- We recommend that delegates who require a visa to enter Japan contact the local Japanese embassy/consulate in their country for further information and an application timeline. Please note that it may take some time to get a Japanese visa after applying at the Japanese embassy/consulate.
- We advise delegates to apply for their visa as soon as possible.
- Visa rules may change at a short notice. Please find up-to-date visa information by visiting the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan here.
2. Visa information: Invitation letters
COVID-19: We suggest that delegates carry a physical copy of their vaccination status when they travel, in case travel restrictions change within the month immediately prior to and during the meeting.