Travel and Virtual Registration Grant Requests
Registration is not required to submit an abstract. Submit your abstract today, and register later!
The meeting organizers, as in previous years, are actively raising funds to provide travel grants for early-career scientists in need of additional support. Special consideration will be given to those scientists who have the longest distance to travel and awards will be higher to cover the cost to attend the meeting. Those that plan to attend the meeting virtually may apply for a "Virtual Registration Fee Waiver" in the Abstract Presentation Portal.
- All travel grant requests must be submitted by 3pm EDT on July 9, 2021. Travel grant notifications will be sent in early August.
- To be considered for a travel grant, you must select either "Oral Presentation - With Travel Grant," or "Poster Presentation - With Travel Grant" as your Presentation Type in the Abstract Submission Portal.
- To be considered for a Virtual Registration Fee Waiver, you must select "Oral Presentation - With Virtual Registration Fee Waiver," or "Poster Presentation - With Virtual Registration Fee Waiver" as your Presentation Type in the Abstract Submission Portal.
- Click on the button below to access the Abstract Submission Portal and submit a travel grant request.
Travel grant and registration waiver requests will receive consideration based on the following criteria:
- Only Early-Career Scientists may submit for funding consideration. An "Early-Career Scientist" is a graduate student, or scientist/researcher with only 5-6 years post doctorate experience who does not work independently and is not the "Principal Investigator" on grants.
- Award will be based on the score earned by the submitted abstract
- Early-Career Scientists traveling long distances
- Financial need of the Early-Career Scientist
- Under-represented American minority status (as required by NIH grant)